U2014 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
U2014 Code failures by brands
U2014 FORD, LINCOLN, MERCURY: AUDIO CONTROL MODULE HARDWARE COMPONENT FAILURE
Description of DTC code U2014
The digital signals are taken by the Radio and the Satellite Antenna and sent from the ACM (Audio Control Module) through the antenna cable. The satellite receptor is internal to the ACM. Once a satellite radio connection is established, the Electronic Serial Number (ESN) of the onboard satellite receiver is linked to the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number). This is the reason that prevents the ACM from being exchanged between vehicles.
The main source of vehicle positioning for the Navigation System is the Audio Control Module, which receives the positioning signal via the Global Positioning System (GPS) Antenna, which is integrated into the Radio and Satellite Antenna. The ACM also receives the navigation wheel count signals from the IC (Instrument Cluster), which sends the data signal from the ABS Module. This second signal is utilized to determine the vehicle's position if the GPS signal is missed. It also supports the adapter learning function of the ACM, through which the ACM can offset long-term discrepancies between the location of the GPS signal and the actual distance traveled by car.
When the U2014 OBDII fault code is stored, it is because a component of the Audio Control Module hardware has been found to be faulty.
Symptoms of fault code U2014
- Check Engine Lamp illuminated.
- Satellite radio performance problems.
Causes of OBD2 U2014
The U2014 OBD2 diagnostic code is set by the following:
- Audio Control Module wires or connectors may have deficiencies.
- ACM circuit connections may be in poor condition.
- The Audio Control Module could be damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code U2014
The steps to troubleshoot the DTC U2014 OBDII code are:
- Consult the TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins).
- Check the good condition of the wiring related to the Audio Control Module. Check these components for deficiencies created by burn spots or wear and tear. Repair or replace it as required.
- Verify the integrity of the electrical connections of the Audio Control Module If no damage is found, suspect a faulty module. However, before making any diagnosis, it is recommended that you visit an advanced service center.