U2013 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
U2013 Code failures by brands
U2013 FORD - COMPASS MODULE IS NOT RESPONDING
Description of DTC code U2013
The U2013 fault code is a manufacturer-specific code used to identify different faults. For example, in Ford vehicles, it shows that there is no response from the Compass Module.
All vehicle controllers maintain continuous communication through the Serial Communication Protocol (SCP) bus network, which is also known as the J1850 bus, or the CAN (Control Area Network) bus network. Therefore, these communication systems are exposed to any kind of failure. If there is an intermittent connection between the controllers, the communication stops.
The manufacturer Ford sets the DTC U2013 OBDII code when other modules fail to communicate with the Compass Module via the CAN bus network.
Symptoms of fault code U2013
- Check Engine light ON.
- The Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) light turns on.
- Compass readings are incorrect or unavailable.
Causes of OBD2 U2013
These are the reasons for setting the U2013 OBD2 diagnostic code on Ford vehicles:
- Ignition switch connections may have inconsistencies.
- J1850 bus wiring or CAN bus wiring may have damage, causing a short or open circuit.
- The Compass Module, Powertrain Control Module, ABS Control Module may have deficiencies in their electrical connections.
Possible solutions of the DTC code U2013
The steps to correct the U2013 OBDII DTC for Ford vehicles are as follows:
- First, consult the TSB (Technical Service Bulletins).
- By using a scanner, check for other error codes, pay special attention to those that indicate a fault with a control module or the CAN
- Locate the vehicle's information source to know the location of the wires that relate to this code. Look for damage from burns, chafing, or wear. Fix or replace if necessary.
- Check the wiring of the Compass Module, Powertrain Control Module. If such connections show inconsistencies, make any necessary corrections.