U0422 - INVALID DATA RECEIVED FROM BODY CONTROL MODULE
Description of DTC code U0422
The BCM (Body Control Module) provides data to the ECM (Engine Control Module) via a communication network known as the Control Area Network or CAN Bus. It controls and monitors the various electronic accessories installed in the car body. In general, it controls the electric windows, the immobilizer system, the central locking system, among others.
The BCM also communicates with other on board control modules via the same CAN bus, although its main application is the control of the load drivers. To do this, it activates relays that perform actions in the vehicle when activated, such as closing the doors or other tasks.
Communication from the BCM to the module that requires it is carried by means of circuits that transmit LAN data. When a communication failure occurs, a DTC will be set to warn of the situation. When the U0422 OBDII fault code is set to indicate that the ECM received invalid transmission data from the BCM.
Symptoms of fault code U0422
- Check Engine light ON.
Causes of OBD2 U0422
Reasons to set the U0422 OBD2 diagnostic code:
- There may be bad wiring or connectors related to the Body Control Module
- The wiring of the LAN circuits between the BCM and ECM could be damaged by corrosion or burns.
Possible solutions of the DTC code U0422
Steps to troubleshoot the U0422 OBDII error code, try this:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check with a scan tool and check if no other DTCs are stored. If this is the case, diagnose them in the order shown by the scan tool.
- Check all the wiring that is connected to the Body Control Module. If any of these are damaged due to burns or wear, make repairs.
- Check the electrical connections between the Body Control Module and the Motor Control Module for good condition. If you discover a high resistance or poor connection, make corrections.