U0418 - INVALID DATA RECEIVED FROM BRAKE SYSTEM CONTROL MODULE
Description of DTC code U0418
The Controller Area Network (CAN) is a complex bus designed for automobiles to connect automotive devices without the use of a central computer. Through this communication network, controllers exchange operating parameters and commands. Each device has programmed information, which is related to the messages to be exchanged through the serial data circuits.
When the DTC U0418 OBDII code is stored, it is because a receiving device detected inconsistencies with the information sent by the Brake System Control Module, interpreting this situation as a malfunction.
Keep in mind that the u0418 OBD2 diagnostic code is a typical error present in many cars, so this DTC fault is not found only in one brand but will be seen in other car manufacturers all over the world.
Symptoms of fault code U0418
- Check Engine lamp illumination.
- Problems arising from the starter motor.
- Problems with the gears.
- Unstable engine.
- Voltage drops of the vehicle.
Causes of OBD2 U0418
The U0418 OBD2 fault code is set by the following:
- Brake System Control Module wires may be in poor condition.
- The Brake System Control Module circuit may have poor connections.
- The Brake System Control Module may be in poor condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code U0418
In order to correct the U0418 OBDII diagnostic code consider the following:
- As a first step consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check all the cables associated with the Brake System Control Module in order to verify that they are not damaged due to burns or wear. If such situations are found, make the appropriate corrective actions.
- Perform electronic checks on the Brake System Control Module Verify if the circuit voltages are within acceptable ranges for proper operation. If inconsistencies are discovered, proceed with the necessary repairs.
You should remember that if your car presents the u0418 OBD2 fault code, you should visit your trusted workshop as soon as possible, in order to solve it and avoid possible traffic accidents caused by the mechanical problems of your car. This guide simply serves the purpose of helping you understand what is happening to your vehicle and what the possible solutions are.