U0416 - INVALID DATA RECEIVED - VEHICLE DYNAMICS CONTROL MODULE
Description of DTC code U0416
The Control Area Network (CAN) is the circuit used so that the different electronic devices installed in the vehicle can be interconnected and thus send and receive operating information along with certain commands. Generally, this electrical network has 2 wires through which the sending of information is achieved, being called CAN low and CAN high.
During the deactivation of the CAN bus, 2.5 volts are sent to the two lines. At the start of sending and receiving data to the high line, 3.75 volts are provided and the low line voltage drops to 1.25 volts. Both lines maintain a 2.5-volt difference, resulting in the CAN bus being unaffected by voltage spikes or electric fields.
When the U0416 OBDII diagnostic code is stored, it is because the Vehicle Dynamics Control Module communication has experienced faults. A receiving device detected differences in the information received from the controller.
Symptoms of fault code U0416
- Check engine lamp illumination.
- Irregular vehicle operation.
- Stability system problems.
Causes of OBD2 U0416
The reasons why the U0416 OBD2 fault code setting occurs are:
- The CAN bus may have damaged electrical connections.
- The Vehicle Dynamics Control Module wires or connectors could have deficiencies in wiring or connectors.
- The Vehicle Dynamics Control Module may be in poor condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code U0416
The steps to follow to correct the DTC U0416 OBDII code are:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check the CAN bus connections for any damage due to burnt wires or corroded connectors. Repair it as necessary.
- Inspect the electrical components that supply power to the Vehicle Dynamics Control Module. If any of these show common damage, repair or replace as necessary.
- Check the integrity of the Vehicle Dynamics Control Module. If you determine that it is deficient, you should visit an advanced automotive center that specializes in this area.