U0415 - INVALID DATA RECEIVED - ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM (ABS) CONTROL MODULE
Description of DTC code U0415
Vehicles are equipped with a dedicated control module that monitors and controls the operation of the ABS (Anti-Lock Brake System). The ABS Module receives information from different speed sensors, which measure the speed at which each wheel turns individually.
If the ABS system is working properly, the ABS module compares the rotational speed of each wheel and then sends this information to the PCM (Powertrain Control Module). This module shares it with other systems, such as the Stability and Traction Control Module, among others.
The PCM constantly monitors the CAN bus to check that the messages being sent to the Transmission Control Module (TCM) are right. If the TCM is unable to receive information from the ABS Module within the period determined by the manufacturer, the DTC U0415 OBDII code will be set.
Symptoms of fault code U0415
- Check Engine light illuminated.
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) malfunction.
Causes of OBD2 U0415
Reasons to set the U0415 OBD2 diagnostic code:
- The ABS Module wiring may have damage, causing a short in the circuit.
- One or more Wheel Speed Sensors could be faulty, although in this case other fault codes will be stored.
- The ABS system pump could be in bad condition.
- The Anti-Lock Brake System Control Module may be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code U0415
The steps to resolve the U0415 OBDII fault code are as follows:
- First, consult the Technical Service Bulletins (TSB).
- Perform a scan of the vehicle to determine if other DTCs are stored. If those codes refer to faults with the Wheel Speed Sensors, correct those codes before proceeding with U0415.
- Check the wires and connectors related to the ABS Module for damage caused by high temperatures or chafing. Make repairs if necessary.
- For advanced diagnostic steps related to the ABS Module and ABS components, you should consult and follow the manufacturer's instructions or visit a service center that specializes in the area.