U0155 - LOST COMMUNICATION WITH INSTRUMENT PANEL CONTROL (IPC) MODULE
Description of DTC code U0155
The Instrument Panel Control Module (IPC) provides information on the general condition and efficiency of the vehicle's main management and operating system: speed, temperature, engine coolant oil pressure, warning lights, among others.
These systems and each module that controls them are connected through a complex network known as CAN bus (Control Area Network). Through this network, systems, subsystems, and sensors communicate with each other and also with the PCM (Power Train Control Module), according to some established communication protocols.
When the U0155 OBDII fault code is set, it means the PCM has encountered an interruption in the communication between itself and the instrument cluster.
Symptoms of fault code U0155
- Check Engine light ON.
- All instrument panel lights are illuminated.
Causes of OBD2 U0155
The reasons for setting the diagnostic code U0155 OBD2 are:
- The CAN bus positive circuit may be open.
- Possibly, the CAN bus negative circuit is open.
- A CAN bus circuit may be shorted.
- A control module may be in bad condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code U0155
The steps to solve the DTC U0155 OBDII code are:
- Consult the TSB (Technical Service Bulletins).
- Check the wiring and connectors used to communicate the Instrument Panel Control Module and CAN If you notice damage caused by burns, wear, or corrosion, make any necessary repairs.
- Check the condition of the fuses that supply power to the Instrument Panel Control Module. Likewise, check the ground points for corrosion damage. Make any necessary corrections.