U0107 - LOST COMMUNICATION WITH THROTTLE ACTUATOR CONTROL MODULE (TAC)
Description of DTC code U0107 Generic
The Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) Module, also known as the Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) Module, is responsible for controlling engine speed based on information provided by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). The principal component of the TAC/ETC is the throttle body that is found between the intake manifold and the air cleaner, which generally has one or two motors that move the throttle plate and one or more throttle position sensors that tell the PCM where the throttle plate is located.
The Throttle Actuator Control Module and the Powertrain Control Module establish constant communication through dedicated serial data circuits, which are separate from other serial data circuits. Both sending and receiving data must be accurate, and to achieve this requires circuit integrity as well as sufficient voltage. If these factors are not present and cause a communication failure between the two modules, the fault code U0107 OBDII will be set.
Symptoms of fault code U0107 Generic
- Check Engine lamp illumination.
- The throttle control indicator will remain on continuously.
- Little or no throttle reaction, so the engine runs only at idle.
Causes of OBD2 U0107 Generic
The reasons for the DTC U0107 OBD2 code being set are:
- The Throttle Actuator Control Module harness may have defects causing a short circuit.
- The CT may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code U0107 Generic
The steps to follow for troubleshooting the U0107 OBDII diagnostic code are as follows:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins (TSB).
- Check that all the fuses that supply power to the Throttle Actuator Control Module are in good condition. Also, check that the grounding points are not damaged by corrosion or wear. Make the necessary repairs.
- Locate the CAN bus communication connections, paying special attention to the TAC Module Check the wires for any deficiencies such as burns, corrosion, or other damage. If so, repair or replace as required.
- If communication is still not possible after performing the above checks, you should visit a specialized automotive diagnostic center, as the TAC Module is faulty, and requires calibration or programming.