P3110 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P3110 Code failures by brands
P3110 MINI, BMW: CYLINDER 3 HIGH-PRESSURE FUEL INJECTOR LOW SIDE CIRCUIT HIGH
Description of DTC code P3110
The injection valve transports the fuel to the combustion chamber with high pressure. To achieve this function, a control solenoid is used. The level of flexibility in shape and angle is a special feature of the valve, so it can change at the moment of sending the fuel and makes it uniformly, taking into account the injection pattern.
There are permanent pressure levels and temperatures for the solenoid so that the fuel delivery has stability. When the engine reaches a certain temperature, a small amount of fuel is injected. In this way, the catalytic converter reaches the right temperature to work. In cold start conditions, the fuel is sprayed during the compression stroke to reduce contamination levels.
The P3110 OBD2 diagnostic code setting occurs when excessively high voltages are detected on the injector of the #3 engine cylinder.
Symptoms of fault code P3110
- Check Engine light ON.
- The ignition of the engine is difficult.
- Limited acceleration.
Causes of OBD2 P3110
Reasons to set the P3110 OBDII fault code:
- Cylinder 3 injector wires or connectors may be damaged.
- Cylinder 3 injector may have poor electrical connections.
- The fuel injector for cylinder 3 could be in bad condition.
- Digital Motor Electronics (DME) may be damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P3110
To solve DTC P3110 OBD2, try this:
- Consult the TSBs.
- Check the cylinder 3 injector connectors and wires for wear deficiencies or burn spots. If you discover any of these conditions, make corrections.
- Use the appropriate tools and check if the injector 4 voltages are within the manufacturer's specified parameters. If some out-of-range voltages are detected, make the necessary adjustments.
- Check that the injector of cylinder 4 does not have any obstruction. If so, perform the respective maintenance.