P3015 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P3015 Code failures by brands
P3015 TOYOTA, LEXUS: BATTERY BLOCK 5 BECOMES WEAK
Description of DTC code P3015
In hybrid vehicles, both electric motors and heat engines are used. In the case of electric motors, they require a high voltage which is provided by a high-voltage battery known as a traction battery. This is made up of 28 modules that individually contain 6 cells of 1.2 volts. The connection of the cells is carried out in such a way that a series is formed, which guarantees 201.5 volts.
When the P3015 OBDII fault code is stored, it means that a voltage or internal resistance was detected in block number 5 of the hybrid battery, which has inconsistencies and is interpreted as an erratic operation.
Symptoms of fault code P3015
- Check Engine light ON.
- The fuel loses efficiency.
- Power sent from the Electric System to the Hybrid is disabled.
Causes of OBD2 P3015
Reasons for setting the P3015 OBD2 diagnostic code:
- The hybrid battery pack may have shortcomings.
- Possibly the HV ECU is faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P3015
Steps to solve the P3015 OBDII DTC:
- See the TSBs.
- Using a scan tool, check to see if any other DTCs are stored with the P3015 code that may indicate faults in the Hybrid System. If so, diagnose the codes in the order indicated by the tool.
- Verify that the hybrid battery pack is not faulty. Follow the manufacturer's diagnostic steps in the information source. If you determine that the battery is damaged, make the appropriate adjustments.
- Inspect all HV ECU wiring harnesses and check for deficiencies due to high temperatures or wear. Fix if necessary.