P2770 - TORQUE CONVERTER CLUTCH (TCC) - CIRCUIT HIGH
Description of DTC code P2770 Generic
To connect the transmission and the engine, a system that couples the fluid in the internal part of the Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) is used. This multiplies the engine torque so that both the input speed of the transmission and the engine revolutions are the same.
The torque converter clutch is equipped with solenoid valves that receive commands from the Powertrain Control Module (PCM), which indicates the direction of the hydraulic fluid, thus activating the clutch.
The P2770 OBD2 fault code setting occurs when voltages exceeding the allowable range are detected in the TCC circuit, thus causing a high voltage.
Symptoms of fault code P2770 Generic
- Check Engine light ON.
- Lower fuel consumption.
Causes of OBD2 P2770 Generic
Reasons to set the DTC P2770 OBDII DTC:
- In the electrical circuit, there may be deficiencies in the wiring or connectors.
- The torque converter clutch may have damage to its solenoid.
- The TCM or Transmission Control Module may be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2770 Generic
To solve the diagnostic code P2770 OBD2, try this:
- First, consult the TSBs.
- Inspect all the electrical components that have a meaningful relationship to the TCC and transmission. If noticeable damage is discovered in one of these, make repairs.
- Check that the electrical circuit meets the proper resistance level. If this value does not match that specified by the manufacturer, it is due to a short due to poor electrical connections. Repair as applicable.
- Measure the resistance of the Torque Converter Clutch If this value is not appropriate, replace the solenoid.
- Verify that the TCM correctly activates the Torque Converter Clutch. Use a scanner and check that the signal sent to the solenoid is the right one. If not, make the appropriate adjustments.