P2757 - TORQUE CONVERTER CLUTCH PRESSURE CONTROL SOLENOID CONTROL CIRCUIT PERFORMANCE / STUCK OFF
Description of DTC code P2757
The Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) establishes a connection between the engine output and the transmission input. This connection results in fuel efficiency, in addition to reducing transmission fluid temperature. Locking the converter housing to the turbine shaft prevents slippage from occurring because transmission slippage consumes energy when the coupling is made. The TCC is controlled by an electronic solenoid.
Symptoms of fault code P2757
- Check Engine light ON.
- Engine stalls at idle or stop.
- Transmission shifts are abrupt.
- Slippage of the transmission.
- Increases fuel consumption.
- Other codes are stored.
Causes of OBD2 P2757
Reasons for setting the P2757 OBDII fault code:
- Perhaps the transmission fluid is dirty or has a level below the required limit.
- The Torque Converter Clutch pressure control solenoid wires may be damaged.
- The TCC pressure control solenoid may be in bad condition.
- The Torque Converter Clutch may be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2757
To troubleshoot the problems that are associated with DTC P2757 OBD2, take into account the following suggestions:
- Verify that the transmission fluid is at the proper level. Besides, check that it is not dirty or contaminated. Replace it if necessary.
- Check all TCC pressure control solenoid wires and make sure they do not have any defects, which would disrupt the proper functioning of the circuit. Repair or replace any wires that are found to be defective.
- Use the vehicle service manual as a reference and test the Torque Converter Clutch pressure solenoid. If it does not meet the specifications of the service manual, it requires replacement.