P2714 - PRESSURE CONTROL SOLENOID "D" PERFORMANCE / STUCK OFF
Description of DTC code P2714
The transmission pressure solenoids control the fluid pressure. Therefore, they achieve proper automatic transmission performance. The solenoids send an electrical signal to the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) based on their internal pressure. The right pressure is necessary because the transmission is controlled by belts and clutches. These change gears at the right fluid pressure at the right time.
When the DTC P2714 OBDII code is stored, it means the PCM detects the transmission pressure control solenoid "D" has a malfunction. In this case, it means it is stuck in the off position.
Symptoms of fault code P2714
- The Check Engine turns on.
- The transmission slips when shifting.
- Transmission overheating.
- Lower fuel efficiency.
- Symptoms of misfiring.
- The vehicle enters fail-safe mode.
Causes of OBD2 P2714
Reasons to set the P2714 OBD2 diagnostic code :
- The pressure control solenoid "D" may be faulty.
- The transmission fluid may be dirty or contaminated.
- The transmission filter may be clogged.
- The transmission valve body is damaged.
- The cable system or system connectors may be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2714
Steps to troubleshoot the P2714 OBDII fault code:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins to have a good diagnosis.
- Check the transmission fluid level is the required level for the appropriate operation of the system. Also, check no elements are contaminating the fluid. Replace it if necessary.
- Inspect all the cables and connectors for some damage. Repair or replace as required.
- Perform continuity tests on wiring and electrical connections. All of them should have 0 ohms resistance. Lack of continuity indicates bad wiring that causes a short in the circuit. Repair as required.
- If after performing the above-mentioned repairs the P2714 OBD2 code is still set, you should replace the pressure solenoid “D”.