P2647 - "A" ROCKER ARM ACTUATOR SYSTEM STUCK ON
Description of DTC code P2647
The rocker arm actuator provides hydraulic pressure to the Variable Valve Timing (VVT) System. This allows the VVT system to make the necessary adjustments to the valve.
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) uses the rocker arm actuator oil pressure switch to verify that the oil pressure is adequate so that the VVT System can operate without any problems.
In case the PCM finds a resistance level in the rocker arm actuator circuit that indicates it is stuck in the on position or open, the DTC P2647 OBD2 will be set.
Symptoms of fault code P2647
- The Check Engine light illuminates.
- Lower fuel efficiency.
- Rough motor operation.
- Problems during acceleration.
- Stored misfire codes.
Causes of OBD2 P2647
Reasons to set the P2647 OBDII diagnostic code:
- The engine oil pressure may not be adequate due to the low oil level.
- Perhaps the pressure switch of the Variable Distribution System is defective.
- The rocker arm actuator may be malfunctioning.
- The rocker arm actuator circuit wires or connectors may be damaged.
- The rocker arm actuator may be incorrectly adjusted or defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2647
Steps to troubleshoot the faults associated with the P2647 OBD2 trouble code:
- Check the Technical Service Bulletins available for your vehicle.
- Check that the engine oil level and condition of the engine oil are appropriate. If there is a lack of oil, the pressure also decreases. It may be due to leaks. Carry out corrective actions.
- Check carefully all the wiring and connectors associated with the VVT System valve actuators and sensors. Fix if necessary.
- Test the actuator circuit of the valves with a DVOM. Compare the results with those specified by the manufacturer. Make the necessary repairs.
- Replace the rocker arm actuator.