P2600 - COOLANT PUMP "A" CONTROL CIRCUIT / OPEN
Description of DTC code P2600
The coolant pump is located at the front or top of the engine, or inside the wheel wells. This pump is operated through an electrical signal, coming from the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).
The PCM is given voltage inputs, with which it can determine the time and amount of time it needs to operate the coolant pump. These inputs are the result of reading the coolant temperature, intake air temperature, engine rpm, and air conditioning system pressure sensors. After the PCM receives this data, the necessary modifications are made to the coolant pump signal.
When the DTC P2600 OBDII code is set, it is because the coolant pump electrical circuit has experienced a malfunction.
Symptoms of fault code P2600
- Check Engine light is on.
- The engine is overheating.
- Incorrect air conditioning operation.
Causes of OBD2 P2600
The factors for which the P2600 OBD2 diagnostic code is stored are:
- The refrigerant pump electrical circuit is possibly open.
- Perhaps the pump control relay is faulty.
- Pump circuit wires or connectors may be damaged.
- The coolant pump may be in bad condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2600
To troubleshoot the P2600 OBDII fault code, consider the following:
- Perform research of the Technical Service Bulletins provided by the manufacturer of your vehicle. There you can find the solution to the problem.
- Verify that the wires related to the coolant pump are not damaged due to burns, wear, or rubbing against other electrical components. You will need to repair or replace any of these if necessary.
- Check the electrical connectors for corrosion. Clean them if that is the case.
- With a DVOM check the resistance of the coolant pump. Compare the results with those specified by the manufacturer. Repair it as necessary.
- Check that the power supply circuit has 12 volts. Also, check for a good ground connection. Make the required repairs.
- If after performing all the above tests, the DTC P2600 is still set, suspect that the coolant pump is defective. Replace it.