P2503 - CHARGING SYSTEM VOLTAGE LOW
Description of DTC code P2503 Generic
The vehicle’s charging system is responsible for maintaining the charge and sending the necessary electrical power to all components and sectors of the car. Its components are the battery, an alternator, the cable system, and a control module. There are vehicle models that have a regulator.
The alternator converts the mechanical energy of the vehicle’s crankshaft into electrical energy so that the different components of the vehicle that need it can perform their work. Likewise, the battery is recharged with the energy from the alternator.
Symptoms of fault code P2503 Generic
- Check Engine light illuminated.
- Difficult or impossible to start the engine.
- The vehicle stops unexpectedly.
- Different electronic components of the vehicle do not work.
Causes of OBD2 P2503 Generic
The causes of the P2503 OBDII error code are:
- Possibly the alternator is faulty.
- The battery terminals may be corroded.
- The battery cables may have defects.
- Perhaps the battery is in bad condition.
- The voltage regulator could be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2503 Generic
The steps to follow to correct the DTC P2503 OBD2 problems are:
- With the engine running, check the voltage that the battery is receiving. It should be above 14V. Otherwise, check that the battery is in good condition. If it is determined that the battery does not meet the requirements to maintain the load, replace it.
- Verify that the terminals and the battery cables are not corroded. Eliminate the corrosion if it is necessary.
- Check that all cables associated with the alternator are in good condition. Repair or replace any of these as required.
- Replace the alternator.