P2441 - SECONDARY AIR INJECTION SYSTEM SWITCHING VALVE STUCK CLOSED
Description of DTC code P2441
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) regulates the amount of air pressure in the exhaust manifold, through the use of a switching valve, which protects the Secondary Air Injection System pump. In order to achieve this goal, a group of sensors is included in this system that sends reference signals to the PCM about the existing air pressures.
When the switching valve is open, the PCM takes an accurate reading of the pressures in the SAI system compared to those provided by the manufacturer to verify proper system operation. If these pressures differ widely from those stored in the Powertrain Control Module's memory, it will interpret this as a stuck closed or faulty switching valve condition, which will store the P2441 OBDII diagnostic code.
Symptoms of fault code P2441
- Check Engine lamp illumination.
- Unstable sounds in SAI System
- Engine starting problems.
- Difficulty accelerating the vehicle.
- High fuel consumption.
Causes of OBD2 P2441
The reasons for the P2441 OBD2 fault code setting are:
- Wires and connectors related to the SAI System could be causing an open circuit.
- The switching valve may be stuck.
- The Air Injection System could be blocked.
- Possibly the Switching Valve Sensor is bad.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2441
The steps to troubleshoot the DTC P2441 OBDII code are:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins (TSB).
- Verify that the wiring that is related to the SAI System is in optimal conditions for its operation. If you discover burn spots, wear, or corrosion on these components, make any necessary corrections.
- Check that the switching valve is working properly. It is worth mentioning that if it is stuck, the circuit relay will be affected, so it is necessary to perform electrical checks with a DVOM. Make any required changes.
- Consult the service manual for an accurate diagnosis of the SAI System Sensor. If it does not meet the data provided, it should be replaced.