P2419 - EVAPORATIVE EMISSION SYSTEM SWITCHING VALVE CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW
Description of DTC code P2419
The Evaporative Emission Control System (EVAP) seals the automobile's fuel system. Thus, it prevents fuel vapors from the tank and system from passing into the atmosphere. In this way, the atmosphere is protected from the high pollution produced by these vapors.
The EVAP system is composed of a leak detection pump that creates a negative pressure or vacuum in the EVAP system after deactivating the ignition switch for a period. The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) tests this system to verify that there are no leaks in the system. In case the PCM does not observe that the EVAP System leak detection pump activates as required, or that the leak detection pump does not create the required vacuum for the system, the DTC P2419 OBDII code will be set.
Symptoms of fault code P2419
- Check Engine light ON.
Causes of OBD2 P2419
Reasons to set the P2419 OBD2 diagnostic code :
- The evaporative switching valve could be faulty.
- Perhaps the EVAP system has a bad control solenoid.
- The fuel cap could be installed wrongly or it may have any defects.
- The fuel vapor hoses could have blockages or obstructions.
- Circuit wires or connectors may be shorting out.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2419
To troubleshoot the P2419 OBDII error code, try this:
- Check the cables and connectors of the system for damage. Repair or replace the components.
- Check that the EVAP system vacuum lines and hoses are not blocked or have worn parts. Make the necessary adjustments, even if one of them includes the replacement of one of the hoses.
- Taking into account the manufacturer's recommendations for activating the leak detection pump of the Evaporative Emissions Control System. Activate it by using a scanner and check the system voltage at the pump connector. A lack of reference voltage or ground signal requires a circuit continuity test. Repair as necessary.
- If the voltage or ground signal is not what is required for proper system operation, the pump motor may be faulty. Replace it.