P2402 - EVAPORATIVE EMISSION SYSTEM LEAK DETECTION PUMP CONTROL CIRCUIT HIGH
Description of DTC code P2402
The EVAP (Evaporative Emissions Control System) leak detection pump turns on once the ignition is off. This pump creates a vacuum in the EVAP system under the supervision of the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). It looks for possible leaks and checks for proper operation of the EVAP system actuator.
When the P2402 OBDII error code P2402 is stored, it indicates that the EVAP system leak detection pump controller circuit has a high voltage signal return.
Symptoms of fault code P2402
- Check Engine light ON.
- The Engine performance may be affected.
- Other Evaporative Emission Control System codes may be set.
Causes of OBD2 P2402
Reasons for setting the P2402 OBD2 DTC:
- The leak detection pump circuit may be shorted.
- Perhaps the pump cables or connectors are damaged.
- Purge control solenoid may be bad.
- The leak detection pump motor may be faulty.
- The Purge Flow Sensor (PFS) may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2402
To troubleshoot the P2402 OBDII diagnostic code, try this:
- Inspect the pump connector, look for damage that may be causing a short in the wiring. Repair any deficiencies you find.
- Verify that the electrical connections meet the requirements for proper system operation. Repair any connectors that may be damaged.
- Check the resistance of the leak detection pump. The reading obtained should match that specified by the manufacturer. Make the appropriate adjustments or replace the pump along with the fuse.