P2299 - BRAKE PEDAL POSITION / ACCELERATOR PEDAL POSITION
Description of DTC code P2299 Generic
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) identifies brake application when the ignition switch is in the ON position, and the Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) sensor does not have interruptions or faults. The PCM must observe a fixed pedal opening to make such recognition, which may be provisional or permanent.
The OBDII DTC P2299 is set when the PCM detects that the brake pedal is depressed. At the same time, the APP Sensor shows that the throttle is open.
Symptoms of fault code P2299 Generic
- The Check Engine light illuminates.
- Limited acceleration.
- The vehicle goes into limp mode.
- When starting the engine, black smoke comes out of the exhaust.
- The cruise control system does not work efficiently.
- The rear brake indicator lights remain illuminated, even when they should not be.
Causes of OBD2 P2299 Generic
Reasons for setting the P2299 OBD2 trouble code:
- The APP Sensor or brake pedal cables or connectors may be faulty.
- The APP sensor circuit may be shorted due to an incorrect electrical connection.
- The Brake Pedal Position Sensor may be damaged.
- Perhaps the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor is faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2299 Generic
To troubleshoot the P2299 OBDII diagnostic code faults, try this:
- Verify the good condition of all Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor (APP) wires and connectors. Also, try to perform continuity tests on the same. Fix or replace as necessary.
- Check that the Brake Pedal Position Sensor and Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor are in good working condition, and meet the technical specifications given by the manufacturer. Replace any of these that are not within these specifications.