P2279 - INTAKE AIR SYSTEM LEAK
Description of DTC code P2279
Fault code P2279 OBDII means that an air leak has been found in the intake manifold. This fault indicates that the amount of air entering the intake manifold is greater than the Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor.
The MAP Sensor, through a heated cable, tells the vehicle computer the amount of air entering the manifold, in addition to indicating the internal pressure of the manifold. The Engine Control Module (ECM) increases the temperature of the cable and maintains it, varying the voltage to the cable as air passes through. This voltage variation is interpreted as a signal of the volume of air.
The ECM makes adjustments for temperature changes, to do this, it relies on the information provided by the MAP Sensor. It makes adjustments to the injector timing to maintain an adequate air/fuel ratio. The Oxygen (O2) Sensor is also used to confirm and maintain this ratio. If the airflow is massive, the air temperature and the O2 Sensor have a large difference, this code is set.
Symptoms of fault code P2279
- The Check Engine light turns on.
- Loss of power.
- During acceleration, there are dead spots.
- Sounds produced by air leaks.
- The accelerator pedal gets harder.
Causes of OBD2 P2279
The causes for setting the error code P2279 OBD2 are
- There could be a leak between the MAF Sensor and the airline.
- The Inlet Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor may be leaking.
- There may be leaks in the throttle body.
- Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) valve
- The intake manifold could be damaged.
- A vacuum hose may be disconnected.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2279
To solve the failures associated with the DTC code P2279 OBDII, you must do the following:
- With the engine running, raise the hood of your vehicle and listen for whistling sounds. If so, track the source of the whistle and make repairs.
- Check the intake connections for air leaks. Repair if necessary.
- Change the PCV
- Replaces the MAP Sensor.