P2269 - WATER IN FUEL CONDITION
Description of DTC code P2269
The Fuel Sensor monitors the fuel entering through it, in order to ensure that the level of water, ethanol, and other contaminants present in the fuel, do not exceed the allowable limit. This sensor also monitors the fuel temperature and converts it into a voltage that monitors the Powertrain Control Module. The PCM uses this information to achieve both performance and fuel economy.
When the P2269 OBDII diagnostic code is stored, it means that the PCM detected that a significant percentage of water is present in the fuel system. This condition is recognized by the Fuel Sensor
Symptoms of fault code P2269
- Check Engine light illuminates.
- Severe faults and general poor performance.
- The engine stops unexpectedly.
- The engine will not start.
- Lower engine power.
- Fuel consumption increases.
- There is water in the fuel indicator is on.
Causes of OBD2 P2269
The factors that cause the P2269 OBD2 error code to be set are:
- Fuel is possibly contaminated.
- The fuel filter may be worn or defective.
- Perhaps there is a blown fuse or fuse link.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2269
To troubleshoot the DTC P2269 OBDII code you must do the following:
- Before starting with any diagnosis, it is advisable to carry out research on the Technical Service Bulletins, the information contained in them will be very useful.
- Check that there is no contamination in the fuel, if you find contamination, verify that the fuel filter is in good condition and that it performs its functions correctly. Replace it if necessary.
- Check all the cables associated with the system and make sure that each of these components complies with the optimal conditions for proper operation. You should repair or replace burnt or worn wires.
- If after performing the above checks and repairs, the P2269 code is still set, replace the Fuel Sensor.