P2262 - TURBOCHARGER / SUPERCHARGER BOOST PRESSURE UNDETECTED - MECHANICAL
Description of DTC code P2262
The supercharger is a compressor that is installed in combustion engines, with the purpose of generating a supercharger, resulting in increased engine power. Mechanical energy is delivered to the turbocharger through chains, belts, or shafts that are linked to the crankshaft. With this energy, compressed air is introduced into the engine, thus obtaining a greater amount of oxygen in each intake cycle of the engine. This allows more fuel to be burned and increases its power.
The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) uses various sensors to determine if the turbocharger or supercharger is delivering the required amount of boost. If the PCM detects that the requested amount of boost is not being delivered, DTC P2262 OBD2 will set.
Symptoms of fault code P2262
- Check Engine light illuminated.
- The engine has no turbo boost.
- Difficulty accelerating or under load.
- The vehicle goes into fail-safe mode.
Causes of OBD2 P2262
The reasons for setting the P2262 OBDII diagnostic code are:
- Perhaps the turbocharger solenoid is faulty.
- Maybe there is damage to the return signal wiring from the PCM to the turbocharger.
- The turbocharger or one of its components may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2262
The steps to follow to correct the P2262 OBD2 error code faults are:
- Verify that the cables related to the turbocharger are in good working condition. You should repair or change the cables or connectors that are burned, worn, or corroded.
- Measure the voltage of the turbo control solenoid. It should be within the manufacturer's specifications. Repair the wiring if it is necessary.
- Test the resistance of the solenoid, expecting to obtain the manufacturer's rating, and replace the solenoid if it does not meet the requirements.
- Check all turbo hoses and vacuum lines for proper fit and that these hoses are not cracked or defective. Repair it as required.
- To continue with the turbocharger diagnosis, follow the manufacturer's steps.