P2229 - BAROMETRIC PRESSURE SENSOR "A" CIRCUIT HIGH
Description of DTC code P2229
The Engine Control Module (ECM) delivers the proper amount of air/fuel mixture after monitoring a series of values such as airflow, engine speed, and coolant temperature.
The atmospheric pressure is measured by the Barometric Air Pressure (BAP) sensor, which, after taking this value, proceeds to send it to the ECM. The vehicle's computer compares the data from this sensor with the intake manifold pressures to obtain an accurate air/fuel mixture according to driving needs.
The diagnostic code P2229 OBDII will be stored when the electrical values are excessively high on the Barometric Air Pressure Sensor.
Symptoms of fault code P2229
- Check Engine light illumination.
- Ignition problems.
- Engine power loses efficiency.
- Loss of power on acceleration.
- Fuel consumption increases.
Causes of OBD2 P2229
The reasons for the DTC P2229 OBD2 are as follows:
- The Barometric Air Pressure Sensor circuit may be shorted, due to component damage.
- The BAP sensor may have a deficiency.
- Possibly there is a mechanical malfunction that alters the BAP Sensor pressure readings.
- The mass air flow could be incorrect.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2229
Follow these steps to correct the P2229 OBDII fault code:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins to find useful information related to diagnostics.
- Check the barometric air pressure sensor circuit for malfunctioning due to faulty wiring or connectors. Repair or replace its components as required.
- Verify that the BAP sensor is functioning properly. Adjust its position if the sensor is affected by vibrations generated by the engine.
- Check with a multimeter that the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor is sending the correct signals to the ECM. If these signals are not appropriate, check the airflow lines and electrical connections. Make any necessary repairs.
- With the multimeter, and following the procedures indicated by the vehicle manufacturer, perform resistance tests on the BAP Sensor. If it does not meet the specified data, it should be replaced.