P2200 - NOX SENSOR CIRCUIT BANK 1
Description of DTC code P2200
The ECM (Engine Control Module) monitors the various sensors with which the vehicle is equipped to get greater engine efficiency. It also monitors the emissions produced by the engine to expel as little hydrocarbons as possible into the atmosphere.
The Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) sensor has the function of monitoring the levels of nitrogen oxides inside the exhaust. In this way, it accounts for the hydrocarbons that are expelled. The ECM actively monitors this sensor and makes system adjustments according to the readings provided by the sensor.
When the P2200 OBDII diagnostic code is set, it is because a fault has been found in a Nox Sensor or its circuitry.
Symptoms of fault code P2200
- The Check Engine light illuminates.
- The hydrocarbon emissions increase.
- The fuel efficiency decreases.
- An excessive amount of smoke is expelled from the exhaust.
Causes of OBD2 P2200
Reasons to store the P2200 OBD2 error code:
- The Oxides of the Nitrogen sensor may be defective.
- The NOx Sensor cable system may be defective.
- Perhaps, there may be damage to the NOx sensor
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2200
To troubleshoot the DTC P2200 OBDII code problems, you must do this:
- Check the Oxides of Nitrogen Sensor along with its cables and respective connectors. These sensors are exposed to harsh environments. In case their cables are exposed to high temperatures, you should fix or replace any of these components as necessary.
- Clean the NOx sensor if necessary.
- Verify that the electrical connection of the NOx Sensor meets the conditions for good performance. Make the corresponding adjustments.