P2187 - SYSTEM TOO LEAN AT IDLE (BANK 1)
Description of DTC code P2187 Generic
A lean fuel mixture indicates that there is an excess of air and an excessive lack of fuel.
Symptoms of fault code P2187 Generic
- Check Engine lighting.
- Difficult to start the engine.
- Rough or erratic idling.
- Hesitation during acceleration.
- Loss of motor power.
- A strong smell of fuel.
Causes of OBD2 P2187 Generic
The factors by which the DTC code P2187 OBDII is stored are as follows:
- Vacuum leaks from the engine, intake manifold, or vacuum supply lines.
- The fuel cap may not fit properly.
- Damaged wiring or connectors.
- The system circuits may be short or open.
- Perhaps the Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF) is contaminated.
- The Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor may be defective.
- The fuel pressure regulator may be in bad condition.
- Defective Oxygen (O2) sensor
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2187 Generic
The steps to solve the failures related to the error code P2187 OBD2 are
- Check that the front O2 sensor is working properly, it mainly handles the mixing. Replace it if necessary.
- Check the fuel cap for cracks and seal properly.
- Look for air leaks on the Mass Airflow (MAF) Check the hose between the sensor and the intake manifold for cracks and leaks. Repair if necessary.
- Check the PCV valve and its hose for leaks. Make the particular adjustments.
- Check the fuel injectors for leaks. Replace any damaged injectors.