P2187 - SYSTEM TOO LEAN AT IDLE (BANK 1)
POST UPDATED IN January, 2023
Description of DTC code P2187 Generic
The establishment of diagnostic code P2187 OBD2 implies that the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) detected a fuel mixture for bank 1, which turns out to be poorly idle.
A lean fuel mixture indicates that there is an excess of air and an excessive lack of fuel.
Symptoms of fault code P2187 Generic
- Check Engine lighting.
- Difficult to start the engine.
- Rough or erratic idling.
- Hesitation during acceleration.
- Loss of motor power.
- A strong smell of fuel.
Causes of OBD2 P2187 Generic
The factors by which the DTC code P2187 OBDII is stored are as follows:
- Vacuum leaks from the engine, intake manifold, or vacuum supply lines.
- The fuel cap may not fit properly.
- Damaged wiring or connectors.
- The system circuits may be short or open.
- Perhaps the Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF) is contaminated.
- The Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor may be defective.
- The fuel pressure regulator may be in bad condition.
- Defective Oxygen (O2) sensor
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2187 Generic
The steps to solve the failures related to the error code P2187 OBD2 are
- Check that the front O2 sensor is working properly, it mainly handles the mixing. Replace it if necessary.
- Check the fuel cap for cracks and seal properly.
- Look for air leaks on the Mass Airflow (MAF) Check the hose between the sensor and the intake manifold for cracks and leaks. Repair if necessary.
- Check the PCV valve and its hose for leaks. Make the particular adjustments.
- Check the fuel injectors for leaks. Replace any damaged injectors.
Codes related to P2187 Generic
FixTroubleCodes.com © | 2019 - 2022 | Power by Emprento C.A