P2177 - SYSTEM TOO LEAN OFF IDLE BANK 1
Description of DTC code P2177
The DTC P2177 OBDII code is related to the value to help control the amount of fuel injected into the engine. This code indicates that the PCM has detected a lean condition. This means that the air/fuel ratio has an excess of air. This code refers to bank number 1, i.e. the side of the engine where cylinder 1 is located.
Symptoms of fault code P2177
- Check Engine light illumination.
- The lack of engine power is remarkable.
- Temporary misfiring.
- Fuel economy is reduced.
Causes of OBD2 P2177
Reasons for setting the P2177 OBD2 trouble code:
- Erratic Oxygen Sensor reading due to damage to the Oxygen
- The Air Mass Flow Sensor may be faulty.
- The air intake may be leaking.
- Low fuel pressure.
- Perhaps, there may be a faulty fuel injector.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2177
Steps to troubleshoot the problems associated with the P2177 OBDII diagnostic code:
- Review the Technical Service Bulletins (TSB).
- If there are other error codes, you will have to resolve those codes first.
- Once you have located the O2 Sensor and MAF Sensor, check their wires and connectors. Repair or replace any of these that show burn spots, wear, or corrosion. After you make these repairs, clear the code.
- Check the signal going from the Air Mass Flow Sensor to the Powertrain Control Module by using a digital volt-ohm meter. Compare the manufacturer's specifiers with the readings obtained. Replace the MAF Sensor if it does not meet the appropriate specifications.
- Replace the Oxygen Sensor.
- Check for intake or exhaust leaks. Repair as required.
- Test the fuel injectors to check they are in good condition. You should replace the injector that does not meet the operating conditions.