P2146 - FUEL INJECTOR GROUP "A" SUPPLY VOLTAGE CIRCUIT / OPEN
Description of DTC code P2146 Generic
The Engine Control Module (ECM) and other components control the volume, timing, and pressure of the fuel system. Among these components are the injectors, which deliver fuel in a sprayed and drip-free manner, thus achieving an even fuel distribution according to the engine’s operation.
The P2146 OBDII diagnostic code is set when the ECM detects an open circuit in the supply voltage to the “A” fuel injector group. The supply voltage is necessary to achieve good fuel delivery to the cylinders because the injectors are electronically controlled.
The “A” designation is used to specify an exact circuit. Therefore, it is necessary to consult the manufacturer’s source of information to find out where it applies to your vehicle.
Symptoms of fault code P2146 Generic
- Check Engine light ON.
- General engine malfunction.
- An excessive amount of smoke is expelled from the exhaust.
- The throttle is limited in its operation.
Causes of OBD2 P2146 Generic
Reasons to set the P2146 OBD2 fault code:
- Electrical connections may be poor due to bad connectors.
- Perhaps one of these connections is faulty in the system cables.
- One or more fuel injectors may be damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2146 Generic
The steps to troubleshoot problems associated with OBDII DTC P2146 are as follows:
- After you have located the "A" injector group that corresponds to your vehicle, inspect the wires and connectors of the particular injector. These electrical connections are exposed to water or fluids, resulting in corroded connectors. Clean as necessary.
- Inspect all the cables and verify that they are in proper working condition. Repair or replace as necessary.
- Check the continuity of all wires. Compare the results with the manufacturer's specifications, and if the values obtained are above the manufacturer's specifications, it is due to a fault in the circuit. Repair as required.
- Replace the injector.