P2119 - THROTTLE ACTUATOR CONTROL THROTTLE BODY RANGE / PERFORMANCE
Description of DTC code P2119
The Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) system is controlled by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) so that the throttle valve opening angle can be appropriate for the driving conditions. To achieve this, the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) is used. It is mounted on the throttle body, and detects the throttle valve opening angle, and sends this information to the PCM. Then, the PCM commands the throttle motor.
Symptoms of fault code P2119
- MIL (Malfunction Lamp) light on.
- The motor does not start.
- There is little or no throttle response.
- An excessive amount of smoke is expelled from the exhaust.
- Lower fuel efficiency.
Causes of OBD2 P2119
Reasons to set the P2119 OBD2 fault code:
- Perhaps, the throttle body is damaged.
- The throttle plate may have clogging elements.
- The Throttle Position Sensor may be damaged.
- The throttle actuator control motor may be defective.
- Electrical components such as cables or connectors may have deficiencies.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2119
To troubleshoot the problems related to the P2119 OBDII diagnostic code, try this:
- Check the Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) available for your vehicle.
- Check the cables and connectors that are related to the system. Replace or fix burned or worn cables. Besides, pay attention to connector terminals as they may be corroded. Repair or replace as necessary.
- Check the throttle plate. Take into account it has to rotate if the ignition switch is off. Clean the plate if necessary.
- Check that the resistance of the throttle actuator control motor is as specified by the vehicle manufacturer. Make the respective repairs or replace the motor or throttle body if there are inconsistencies.
- Change the Throttle Position Sensor.