P2112 - THROTTLE ACTUATOR CONTROL (TAC) SYSTEM - ACTUATOR STUCK CLOSED / - CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION
Description of DTC code P2112 Generic
The right performance of the throttle body is largely determined by the position of the throttle plate. This is controlled by the Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) motors.
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) controls the TAC Control system. For this purpose, it monitors the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). In addition to monitoring the TPS sensor, it also determines the driver’s desired speed to give the appropriate response as required.
When the diagnostic code P2112 OBDII is stored, it means that the TAC system has a closed throttle plate. When this happens, air cannot enter the intake manifold system.
Symptoms of fault code P2112 Generic
- Check Engine light illumination.
- The motor does not start.
- Throttle's response is nil.
- An excessive amount of smoke is expelled.
- Lower fuel efficiency.
Causes of OBD2 P2112 Generic
Reasons why the P2112 OBD2 DTC P2112 is stored:
- The throttle body may be damaged.
- Perhaps the throttle body linkage is dirty.
- The TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) may be defective.
- The Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) motor may be faulty.
- Possibly, there is damage to the system cables or connectors.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2112 Generic
To troubleshoot problems related to the P2112 OBDII fault code, try this:
- Locate the TSBs available for your vehicle.
- Check the throttle body and linkage, make sure they are in good working condition. Clean the throttle body plate or replace it if necessary.
- Check the cables and connectors related to the system. Repair or replace any of these components that do not meet the requirements for appropriate performance.
- Replace the Throttle Position Sensor.
- Change the Accelerator Actuator Control