P2107 - THROTTLE ACTUATOR CONTROL MODULE PROCESSOR
Description of DTC code P2107 Generic
The PCM manages the Throttle Actuator Control system through one or more Throttle Position Sensors (TPS). To achieve an efficient performance of the throttle body, the throttle plate must work correctly. The throttle plate is controlled by the TAC system.
Symptoms of fault code P2107 Generic
- Check Engine light illuminated.
- Difficult engine start.
- Poor throttle response.
- An excessive amount of smoke comes out of the exhaust.
- Increased fuel consumption.
Causes of OBD2 P2107 Generic
The factors for which the P2107 OBD2 fault code is set are:
- Throttle body possibly faulty.
- The throttle plate may be dirty.
- The Throttle Position Sensor could be defective.
- Possibly the Throttle Actuator motor is in poor condition.
- Circuit wires or connectors may have defects.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2107 Generic
The troubleshooting steps for the P2107 OBDII trouble code are as follows:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- After locating all the components of the TAC system, verify that each one of them is in good condition, and meets the requirements for the correct operation of the system. Check that the wiring for each component is not burned, worn, or corroded. Repair or replace as needed.
- Check that the throttle plate is not dirty. Clean it if necessary.
- Unplug the electrical connector from the throttle body, and locate the 2 pins connecting the Throttle Actuator motor, measure the resistance which should match the manufacturer's specification. A resistance outside the acceptable range requires the replacement of the throttle body.
- Check the circuit voltage and ground signals. If one of these values is not within the expected level, check for continuity in the wiring. Repair it as required.