P2097 - POST CATALYST FUEL TRIM SYSTEM TOO RICH BANK 1
Description of DTC code P2097 Generic
Engines need the right amount of air and fuel to operate efficiently. To measure the air/fuel mixture, Oxygen (O2) Sensors are used to provide the vehicle’s computer with information related to the mixture. The PCM makes the necessary fuel adjustments so that the mixture is the right one.
The setting of diagnostic code P2097 OBD2 indicates that the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) found a signal voltage input on the post-catalyst Oxygen (O2) Sensor of bank number 1. This voltage input implies that the oxygen particle content is excessively low.
Symptoms of fault code P2097 Generic
- The Check Engine light turns on.
- Lower engine performance.
- Reduction of fuel efficiency.
- Stored other system-related codes.
Causes of OBD2 P2097 Generic
The reasons for the configuration of the DTC code P2097 OBDII are
- Perhaps the exhaust is leaking or clogged.
- Damage to the Catalytic Converter.
- There may be deficiencies in the Oxygen Sensor or its circuitry.
- Defective system cables or connectors.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2097 Generic
For a correct diagnosis and solution of the fault code P2097 ODB2, you must take into account the following:
- Check the appropriate Service Bulletins for your vehicle.
- If ignition failure or Throttle Position Sensor codes are set, they must be diagnosed first.
- Check the cables and connectors related to the system. If you find any bad wires or corroded connectors, repair or replace them.
- Check the resistance, ground signal, and voltage for the Oxygen Sensor circuit by using a voltmeter. Repair as applicable.
- Change the O2 Sensor.