P2070 - INTAKE MANIFOLD TUNING (IMT) VALVE STUCK OPEN
Description of DTC code P2070
The Intake Manifold Tuning Valve (IMT) regulates the pressures between the intake plenums. This valve is also responsible for redirecting intake air into a set of intake channels, in order to change engine flow and performance.
The setting of DTC P2070 OBD2 is due to the Engine Control Module (ECM) detecting that the IMT valve is stuck in the open position. This is determined by the ECM through a position sensor that is built into the valve actuator. Because the valve is made of plastic, it can experience malfunctions due to high temperatures.
Symptoms of fault code P2070
- Check Engine light illuminated.
- Loss of engine rpm power.
- Reduction in engine torque during low power.
Causes of OBD2 P2070
The factors for which the P2070 OBDII diagnostic code is set are:
- The Intake Manifold Tuning Valve may be faulty.
- There may be carbon residue near the IMT valve, which prevents the IMT valve from opening and closing properly.
- The IMT valve may be contaminated.
- There may be bad wiring or connectors.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2070
The steps to follow to correct the P2070 OBD2 error code faults are:
- Perform a research of the Technical Service Bulletins that are available for your vehicle model.
- Verify that the Intake Manifold Tuning Valve connector has a good electrical connection. Make any necessary repairs.
- Check the wires related to the IMT valve for burnt or worn wires. Repair or replace as required.
- Make sure the Intake Manifold Tuning Valve moves smoothly. Check for carbon debris that would prevent it from operating as expected.
- Check that the IMT valve actuator rod bushing is in good condition. If it does not meet the requirements for proper operation, replace the bushing.
- Replace the Intake Manifold Tuning Valve.