P2022 - INTAKE MANIFOLD MANIFOLD RUNNER POSITION SENSOR
Description of DTC code P2022
The Intake Manifold Runner Control Sensor (IMRC) helps the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) keep track of the amount of air entering the engine at different RPMs.
DTC P2022 OBDII means a malfunction detected in the IMRC sensor on bank number 2. The value provided by this sensor to the vehicle's computer is not within the parameters recorded in the memory. This code has to do with an electrical fault.
Symptoms of fault code P2022
- Check Engine ON.
- Loss of power.
- Lower fuel efficiency.
Causes of OBD2 P2022
Reasons to store the P2022 OBD2 diagnostic code:
- The Intake Manifold Runner Control Sensor relay may be damaged.
- Perhaps the IMRC sensor is
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2022
To resolve problems related to the P2022 OBDII error code, try this:
- Consult the corresponding Technical Service Bulletins with your vehicle.
- Check the wires and connectors leading to the Intake Manifold Runner Control Sensor. You should repair or replace any components that have some damage.
- Use a scanner to check the voltage of the IMRC sensor. If there is not a scanner available, use a voltmeter set to the ohms scale. As a result, you should get 12 volts. Also, check the ground signal. If there are inconsistencies in these values that indicate an open or short circuit, make the appropriate repairs.
- With the scanner, perform an actuator test of the IMRC Sensor. If the indicated test is performed and the valve operates correctly, clear the code.