P2019 - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER POSITION SENSOR / SWITCH CIRCUIT BANK 2
Description of DTC code P2019
The Intake Manifold Runner Control Sensor (IMRC) is located on the engine cylinder head. Some of these sensors are accompanied by an EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) valve, depending on the fuel used by the vehicle. The IMRC sensor is in charge of the air intake to the cylinders and regulates the airflow, commanded by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).
DTC P2019 OBD2 is set when the PCM detects out-of-range voltages at the IMRC Sensor due to electrical or mechanical failures.
Symptoms of fault code P2019
- Check Engine light illumination.
- Loss of engine power.
- High fuel consumption.
- Problems during acceleration.
Causes of OBD2 P2019
Reasons for storing the P2019 OBDII diagnostic code are:
- The Intake Manifold Runner Control Sensor actuator may be damaged.
- There are probably leaks in the intake system.
- The intake manifold may be clogged.
- The IMRC sensor may be damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2019
To solve the P2019 OBD2 fault code, follow the recommendations below:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins, they will be useful for a more accurate diagnosis.
- Verify that the wiring harness and connectors are properly connected and free of wear or corrosion. Repair or replace as appropriate.
- Check the intake manifold for the presence of carbon or leaks in the system. If leaks are present, make the necessary corrections.
- By using a scan tool, check the good condition of the IMRC sensor. If you do not obtain the values recommended by the manufacturer, make sure that there is a correct connection or replace it.