P2018 - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER POSITION SENSOR / SWITCH CIRCUIT INTERMITTENT BANK 1
Description of DTC code P2018
The P2018 OBDII fault code has to do with the value provided by the IMRC (Intake Manifold Runner Control) sensor. The location of this sensor is near the intake manifold. This device provides the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) with data that is used to control the air that will enter the engine according to the RPM (Revolutions Per Minute).
The DTC P2018 OBD2 DTC code setting occurs when the PCM encounters erratic or intermittent operation in the IMRC Sensor circuit.
Symptoms of fault code P2018
- Check Engine light on.
- Fuel consumption is increased.
- Reduction of engine power.
- Instabilities during acceleration.
Causes of OBD2 P2018
Reasons to set the P2018 OBDII diagnostic code:
- The throttle plates may be blocked or in bad condition.
- The system circuit may have damage to its electrical components.
- Intake Manifold Control Actuator/Sensor may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2018
To troubleshoot the P2018 OBD2 error code, try this:
- To start the diagnosis, consult the TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins).
- Inspect the electrical components of the IMRC Sensor circuit for damage causing the malfunction. If you discover wires or connectors with deficiencies, make the necessary repairs or changes.
- Through a voltmeter adjusted to the ohms scale, check the voltage of the IMRC Sensor. Turn on the power switch and check if the meter reads at or near 12 volts. If not, repairs should be made. Also, check the integrity of the ground circuit.
- If after performing the above repairs you still get the P2018 OBDII fault code, replace the Intake Manifold Control Sensor.