P2017 - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER POSITION SENSOR / SWITCH CIRCUIT HIGH BANK 1
Description of DTC code P2017
The storage of fault code P2017 OBD2 is related to the value that has the Intake Manifold Control (IMRC) position sensor or valve. This sensor is located at one end of the intake manifold. Its function is to help the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) control the air entering the engine at various RPMs. It is important to note that this is an electrical fault.
This code implies that the problem is located on bank 1, that is, the side of the engine where cylinder number 1 is located.
Symptoms of fault code P2017
- The Check Engine light is illuminated.
- Remarkable lack of power.
- Fuel efficiency decreases.
- Problems during acceleration.
Causes of OBD2 P2017
The factors by which the DTC code P2017 OBDII is stored are:
- Perhaps the IMRC Sensor actuator relay is defective. In case your vehicle is equipped with it.
- The Intake Manifold Control Sensor may be in poor condition.
- The intake manifold may be clogged.
- The air filter may be dirty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2017
To correct the error code P2017 OBD2, you must follow the steps listed below:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check the system of cables and connectors leading to the IMRC Sensor. You will need to replace any wires that are burned or rubbing against other components.
- Test the voltage signals from the IMRC Sensor that go to and return from the PCM. With the sensor disconnected and the switch in the on position, you should get 12 volts or as close to that voltage as possible. Otherwise, repair the circuit.
- Check that the ground voltage is close to the battery voltage. Repair if it is not.
- Change the Intake Manifold Control Sensor.