P2016 - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER POSITION SENSOR / SWITCH CIRCUIT LOW BANK 1
Description of DTC code P2016
The DTC code P2016 OBD2 is related to the value delivered by the Intake Manifold Control Sensor (IMRC) which is located near the intake manifold. This sensor provides the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) with information to control the amount of air that will get the engine at various rpm.
This code specifies that the fault is caused by low voltage in the IMRC Sensor circuit, so the Check Engine light next to this code is turned on.
Symptoms of fault code P2016
- MIL light illumination (Engine Malfunction).
- Lower fuel efficiency.
- Low engine power.
- Troubles during acceleration.
Causes of OBD2 P2016
The reasons to set the P2016 OBDII diagnostic code are:
- The IMRC Actuator relay may be defective.
- Possibly the Intake Manifold Control Sensor is
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2016
The steps to solve faults associated with fault code P2016 OBD2 are as follows:
- Check for a TSB (Technical Service Bulletins).
- Check that the cables and connectors leading to the Intake Manifold Control Sensor (IMRC) are not burned, worn, or corroded. Repair or replace as necessary.
- Use a voltmeter set to the ohm scale for the voltage of the IMRC Sensor. Turn on the power switch and you should get at least 12 volts or close to it. Otherwise, make the respective repairs. Also, check the integrity of the ground circuit. Then, clear the code.
- In case the code returns, replace the Intake Manifold Control Sensor.