P2015 - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER POSITION SENSOR / SWITCH CIRCUIT RANGE / PERFORMANCE BANK 1
Description of DTC code P2015
The Intake Manifold Running Position Sensor (IMRC) is located near the intake manifold. This sensor allows the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to calculate the airspeed flowing internally in the engine at various rpm. This process ensures that the engine achieves good performance in terms of power through low fuel consumption.
The DTC code P2015 OBDII is set when the Powertrain control module detects out-of-range operation in the IMRC Sensor circuit. It is a generic code applied to bank 1, which is the side of the engine that contains cylinder number 1
Symptoms of fault code P2015
- Check Engine lighting.
- Problems when starting the vehicle.
- Power loss in the motor.
- Low fuel efficiency.
Causes of OBD2 P2015
These are the reasons why the diagnostic code P2015 OBD2 is usually set:
- The throttle plates may be in bad condition.
- The wire harness or connectors on the IMRC Sensor may be damaged or worn.
- The IMRC Sensor may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2015
To correct the fault code P2015 OBDII, follow the steps below:
- See the Technical Service Bulletins (TBS).
- Verify that the IMRC Sensor cable harness and connectors are in good condition. If deficiencies are noted, such as burned cables or mismatched connectors, make repairs as required.
- Through a Digital Volt-Ohm Meter (DVOM), check that the circuit voltage of the IMRC Sensor is similar to the one provided by the manufacturer. If the resulting reading does not match the specified one, check its electrical connections, or replace the Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor.
- Check the intake manifold control valve for blockage. If mobility or operation problems are found, make the respective repairs.