P2014 - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER POSITION SENSOR / SWITCH CIRCUIT BANK 1
Description of DTC code P2014
The Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor (IMRC) regulates the air intake speed through the manifold. Therefore, by increasing the airflow speed, the fuel is atomized so that more engine power can be obtained with the least amount of fuel. As a result, there will be a reduction in emissions.
Symptoms of fault code P2014
- Check Engine light ON.
- Lack of engine power.
- Lower fuel efficiency.
Causes of OBD2 P2014
Reasons for storing the P2014 OBD2 fault code:
- The throttle plates may be stuck or damaged.
- The Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor solenoid may be bad.
- The IMRC Sensor is possibly defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2014
Steps to troubleshoot the P2014 OBDII DTC:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check the IMRC Sensor wires and their respective connectors. Verify that none are damaged due to burns or wear. Replace if necessary.
- Perform tests of the voltage signals of the IMRC Sensor by using a DVOM. The result obtained should be compared with the manufacturer's specifications. Make any necessary repairs.
- Check that the Intake Manifold Runner Control valve is not stuck. It should move smoothly.
- Replace the IMRC Sensor.