P2012 - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER CONTROL (IMRC) CIRCUIT LOW BANK 2
Description of DTC code P2012
The Intake Manifold Control (IMRC) regulates the amount of air allowed into the intake system. The IMRC uses the information provided by the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) regarding the driving conditions to perform this regulation. In addition to reducing toxic emissions, the intake air regulation improves the air/fuel mixture.
The IMRC has a vacuum actuator, a solenoid, intake manifold butterfly valve plates, individual cylinder lines, rods that are connected to the butterfly valve plates. Besides, it has return springs that keep the butterfly plates open. The intake manifold butterfly plates open and close, which allows restriction of airflow to the inlet.
The PCM uses the information provided by the Intake Manifold Control (IMRC) Sensor, Barometric Pressure (BARO) Sensor, and Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor to determine the right position of the plates. If the voltage readings from the IMRC Sensor, MAF Sensor, and BARO Sensor indicate that the throttle valve plates are not in the right position, the P2012 OBDII DTC will be set.
Symptoms of fault code P2012
- Check Engine light ON.
- Engine power reduction especially at low RPM.
- Problems during acceleration.
- Higher fuel consumption.
Causes of OBD2 P2012
Reasons for setting the P2012 OBD2 diagnostic code
- Maybe the intake manifold runners are loose.
- The IMRC Sensor solenoid may be faulty.
- The IMR Sensor may be defective.
- The wires or connectors related to the IMR Sensor solenoid may be damaged.
- The MAP Sensor may be in bad condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2012
To troubleshoot the faults associated with the P2012 OBDII trouble code, take into account these steps:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) for your car model.
- Check the system wiring along with its respective connectors. Any of these components that are damaged should be repaired or replaced.
- Check the vehicle's data source to know the specifications to test the Intake Manifold Control Sensor solenoid, IMRC Sensor and MAP Sensor, check the resistance for the above-mentioned components. You should replace any of these that do not meet specifications.