P2008 - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER CIRCUIT OPEN BANK 1
Description of DTC code P2008
The DTC code P2008 OBDII shows a failure in the flaps that control the air in the intake manifold. These flaps are designed to create turbulence inside the manifold that creates a swirl effect. With this effect the pulsations that are created when the intake valve is opened and closed are canceled out and it is obtained better quality of air/fuel mixture.
The Engine Control Module (ECM) is responsible for controlling the position of the flaps through the Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) solenoid. It performs this action by taking into account the reference signals from the Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor and the Barometric Pressure Sensor (BARO).
If the intake manifold circuit has an open electrical connection bank in bank 1, the ECM will not be able to control the intake manifold fin angle, so fault code P2008 OBD2 will be set. At this code, if the ECM detects the fault, the Check Engine lamp can be turned on. But if the fault is corrected automatically, the light is turned off.
Symptoms of fault code P2008
- Engine malfunction indicator light on.
- Slow engine operation.
- Torque reduction at low power.
Causes of OBD2 P2008
The reasons for storing the P2008 OBDII diagnostic code are
- Damaged vacuum lines.
- The IMRC control solenoid may be defective.
- Damaged solenoid cables or connectors.
- Contamination in the intake manifold swirl flaps.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P2008
To perform a correct repair of the problem code P2008 OBD2, you must do the following:
- Check the vacuum hoses and lines for cracks and optimal connections.
- Check the solenoid connector and related cables. Make the respective adjustments if you find defects in them.
- With an advanced scanning tool, operate the solenoid to open and close. If it does not respond, change it.
- If the solenoid works but its response is slow, you must change the intake manifold.