P1911 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1911 Code failures by brands
P1911 VOLKSWAGEN, AUDI: DATA BUS ECM 1/2 CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION
Description of DTC code P1911
The CAN Bus (Control Area Network) is a communication circuit that allows several controllers to exchange data and operating parameters. Through this circuit, the scan tool can also establish communication with a module depending on the situation. The CAN-Bus communication system includes a complex network of cables that are installed in the car.
When the P1911 OBDII DTC P1911 is stored, it is due to a malfunction of the Data Bus ½ ECM circuitry.
Symptoms of fault code P1911
- Check Engine light ON.
Causes of OBD2 P1911
Reasons for storing the P1911 OBD2 diagnostic code:
- Engine Control Module (ECM) wiring may be faulty.
- The ECM connections may be damaged.
- The Motor Control Module may be in poor condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1911
To solve the P1911 OBDII fault code, note the following suggestions:
- See the TSBs.
- Use a scanner and check if other DTCs are set next to the P1911 code. If you detect other codes that indicate problems with the ECM on the CAN-Bus, the diagnosis of them should be done in the order indicated.
- Check for damage to wiring or connections related to Engine Control Module. Look for corrosion conditions or burn points. Fix if necessary.
- If no damage is found in the ECM's electrical components, go to an advanced automotive center before making any diagnosis.