P1800 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1800 Code failures by brands
P1800 NISSAN - VARIABLE INTAKE AIR SYSTEM CONTROL SOLENOID VALVE 1 CIRCUIT
Description of DTC code P1800
The control solenoid of the variable air intake system number 1 has the function of interrupting the multiple vacuum intake signal, in order to control the power valve 1. This solenoid is turned on and off directly by the ECM (Engine Control Module).
When the solenoid is deactivated, the vacuum signal to the intake manifold is interrupted. But once the ECM commands the solenoid to activate, the coil drives the plunger down, which produces a feed to the vacuum signal from the supply valve actuator 1.
The storage of the DTC P1800 OBDII code for Nissan vehicles indicates that the signal sent to the ECM by the VIAS 1 control solenoid valve is excessively high or low compared to the expected one.
Symptoms of fault code P1800
- Check Engine lamp illumination.
- Unstable motor operation.
Causes of OBD2 P1800
The reasons for setting the fault code P1800 OBD2 Nissan are
- The harness or connectors belonging to the circuit of solenoid valve 1 may be open or shorted, resulting from burns or other damage.
- Intake air control solenoid valve 1 may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1800
To solve the diagnostic code P1800 OBDII for Nissan, you must take into account the following:
- As a first step, you should consult the TSB (Technical Service Bulletins) that the manufacturer has prepared for your vehicle.
- Check all wiring related to the electrical circuit of the intake air control solenoid valve 1. Similarly, check the condition of the connectors in this circuit and if you detect damage such as burn spots, wear or corrosion in any of these, make the necessary repairs or changes.
- Check the proper power signal and ground signal for the control circuit of the VIAS solenoid valve.