P1768 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1768 Code failures by brands
P1768 ACURA, HONDA, ISUZU: A/T CLUTCH PRESSURE CONTROL VALVE SOLENOID CIRCUIT
Description of DTC code P1768
The A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve is used to regulate shifting and lock-up regulation. A spool in the solenoid pushes the valve according to the duty cycle, which is controlled by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to pressurize the fluid so that the hydraulic pressure is proportional to the current.
The PCM measures the current flowing through the A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve and uses the feedback setting to compensate for the difference between the expected and actual current. If the current measured for the PCM output duty cycle is not within a specified range (shorted or open), a fault is detected and the P1768 OBDII diagnostic code is set.
Symptoms of fault code P1768
- Check Engine light illuminates.
- A/T clutch malfunction.
Causes of OBD2 P1768
The factors related to the P1768 OBD2 fault code setting are:
- The clutch pressure control solenoid could have damage to its wires or connectors.
- The clutch pressure control solenoid circuit connections could be faulty causing the malfunction.
- The clutch pressure control solenoid may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1768
To troubleshoot DTC P1768 OBDII code you must do the following:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins as a first step.
- Check the clutch pressure control solenoid cables in order to verify that they do not present common damages. Keep in mind that this solenoid is located inside the transmission, so repairs have a degree of complexity.
- Perform electrical tests on the clutch pressure control solenoid circuit and the solenoid in question. The voltages detected in these checks should match the manufacturer's specifications, otherwise make the appropriate repairs.