P1765 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code P1765 Generic
Transmission pressure control shift solenoids are responsible for controlling fluid pressure to the internal friction plate clutches or drum bands. Transmission pressure is an extremely important factor in the proper operation of the transmission since, without sufficient pressure, shifting could not be performed correctly.
When the P1765 OBDII diagnostic code is set on Toyota or Lexus vehicles, it is because the transmission pressure control shift solenoid has experienced erratic operation.
Symptoms of fault code P1765 Generic
- Check Engine lamp illuminates.
- Transmission slipping.
- Impossible to shift gears.
Causes of OBD2 P1765 Generic
P1765 OBD2 fault code is set for one of the following reasons:
- Pressure control shift solenoid wires could be faulty.
- Pressure control changeover solenoid circuit connections may have been damaged causing the malfunction.
- Pressure control changeover solenoid could be in poor condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1765 Generic
To troubleshoot the DTC P1765 OBDII code you should consider the following:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Inspect the wires related to the pressure control change solenoid and check them for common damage. If the wires are found to be defective due to burns or corrosion, make the necessary repairs.
- Using appropriate tools, perform electrical tests on the pressure control changeover solenoid circuit and the solenoid in question. If the supply voltages or resistance of the solenoid are not within the parameters set by the manufacturer, make corrections or changes as required.