P1762 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code P1762 Generic
In order to determine the most appropriate gear to use depending on driving conditions, the TCM (Transmission Control Module) relies on various information provided by sensors and switches, including the Neutral Park Position Switch, Throttle Position Sensor, and Vehicle Speed Sensors. Although these operating parameters directly affect the performance of the direct clutch solenoid valve, the function of the ATF 5 pressure switch is also affected.
The P1762 OBDII diagnostic code is a code that, in the case of Infiniti and Nissan vehicles, relates to a malfunction of the Direct Clutch Solenoid Valve.
Symptoms of fault code P1762 Generic
- Check Engine lamp illuminated.
- Problems starting the engine.
- Problem with gears.
- Unstable engine.
- Low car voltage.
Causes of OBD2 P1762 Generic
Factors leading to the setting of the P1762 OBD2 fault code are:
- Direct Clutch Solenoid Valve solenoid wires may be deficient.
- Direct clutch solenoid electrical connections may have been damaged causing an open circuit.
- Direct Clutch Solenoid Valve could be defective.
- Low or dirty oil.
- PCM error.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1762 Generic
To troubleshoot the DTC P1762 OBDII code consider the following:
- Consult as a first step the Technical Service Bulletins (TSB).
- Inspect all the wiring of the Direct Clutch Solenoid Valve for common damage caused by burns or corrosion. If such conditions are found, correct them as applicable.
- Perform voltage tests on the Direct Clutch Solenoid Valve circuit and verify that the Direct Clutch Solenoid Valve circuit is not open. If deficient voltages are detected, proceed with appropriate corrections.
- Measure the resistance of the Direct Clutch Solenoid Valve and compare it to the manufacturer's specifications. If you detect an out-of-range resistance, it is indicative of damage to the solenoid requiring replacement.