P1760 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1760 Code failures by brands
P1760 INFINITI, NISSAN: OVERLOAD CLUTCH SOLENOID VALVE
Description of DTC code P1760
The TCM (Transmission Control Module) is responsible for activating the Overload Clutch solenoid valve, taking into account the response of the signals it receives from the PNP switch, the overdrive control switch, the vehicle speed, and the ECM (throttle opening). After all these inputs are received, the overdrive clutch is controlled.
DTC P1760 OBD2 is a code that when set on Infiniti or Nissan vehicles indicates that, the Transmission Control Module encountered an improper voltage drop when attempting to operate the Overload Clutch solenoid.
Symptoms of fault code P1760
- Check Engine light is on.
Causes of OBD2 P1760
The factors for which the P1760 OBDII diagnostic code is stored are:
- Overload Clutch solenoid circuit wires may be in poor condition.
- Overload Clutch Solenoid Valve circuit may be open.
- The solenoid is possibly faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1760
To troubleshoot the P1760 OBD2 fault code you should consider the following:
- Consult as a first step the TSB (Technical Service Bulletins).
- Verify that the wiring and connectors associated with the Overload Clutch Solenoid Valve are in optimal condition for proper operation. If burns, wear, or corrosion are discovered, make any necessary repairs or replacements.
- Measure the circuit between the solenoid and the TCM and verify that the reference añnd ground voltages are within the manufacturer's specifications. If you discover out-of-range values, which indicate a short, make the appropriate corrections.
- Check that the Overload Clutch solenoid meets the proper resistance value. If you detect poor resistance, consider replacing the solenoid.