P1750 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1750 Code failures by brands
P1750 ACURA, HONDA: MECHANICAL PROBLEM IN HYDRAULIC CONTROL SYSTEM OF A/T CLUTCH PRESSURE CONTROL SOLENOID
Description of DTC code P1750
The transmission clutch pressure control solenoid is used to regulate the various shifts experienced by the transmission. It also controls the adjustment of the lock-up control. A spool is installed inside the solenoid, which activates a valve according to the duty cycle that is in charge of the PCM (Powertrain Control Module). This procedure is carried out so that the transmission fluid is pressurized. Then, hydraulic pressure is generated that is proportional to the voltage. The PCM is in charge of taking readings of the voltage passing through the pressure control solenoid. According to this data, the PCM regulates the feedback to compensate the actual voltage with the expected voltage.
The DTC P1750 OBDII refers to a mechanical problem detected in the clutch pressure control solenoid hydraulic system in the Acura and Honda vehicles.
Symptoms of fault code P1750
- Check Engine ON.
- Transmission clutch performance problems.
Causes of OBD2 P1750
Reasons to set the P1750 OBD2 diagnostic code:
- The wiring or connectors of the Range Position Switch may have deficiencies that cause the system to perform poorly.
- The Range Position Switch circuit may be shorted due to bad electrical connections.
- The Range Position Switch may be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1750
To troubleshoot the P1750 OBDII fault code, try this:
- See Technical Service Bulletins.
- Many times this code is set when transmission temperatures are excessively high. For this reason, it is necessary to check that this factor is adequate for transmission.
- Check the condition of the cables of the Range Position Switch. If you discover common deficiencies caused by burns or other damage, make the respective repairs.
- Use the right tool and perform voltage tests on the Range Position Switch circuit and the switch. In case of finding voltages different from those specified by the manufacturer, make the required corrections.