P1745 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1745 Code failures by brands
P1745 CHRYSLER, DODGE, FORD, JEEP: LINE PRESSURE TOO HIGH FOR TOO LONG
Description of DTC code P1745
The transmission, also known as the gearbox, is the component responsible for converting engine power into a force used to drive the vehicle. The use of transmissions varies according to the manufacturer, who chooses between manual and automatic transmissions. The correct performance of the transmission depends largely on its fluid pressure, taking into account that this factor is the one that determines the appropriate gear changes.
The P1745 OBDII diagnostic code for Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, and Jeep vehicles is an informational type code, which indicates that the transmission has been operating on an open loop line. The transmissions are not designed to operate at an open line pressure control for an extended period of time.
Symptoms of fault code P1745
- Check Engine lamp illuminates.
- Transmission emergency mode activated.
Causes of OBD2 P1745
The reasons why the DTC P1745 OBD2 is set are:
- Line pressure solenoid circuit wires or connectors could have been damaged.
- The line pressure solenoid could be in poor condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1745
To troubleshoot the P1745 OBDII fault code you must do the following:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Using a scanner you should check if there are any DTCs set related to the transmission line pressure. If such codes are found, proceed with their diagnosis.
- Check the condition of the cables, connectors, and connections leading to the driveline pressure solenoid circuit. If wear, corrosion, or burn damage is discovered, make the appropriate repairs or replacements.